Satellite Capacity Management System
Calian’s next-generation Satellite Capacity Management System delivers the latest advances in satellite communication payload and link propagation analysis techniques and modeling. The SCMS is an advanced software system used by satellite operators and satellite service providers for planning and managing the use of their satellite capacity.
- Accurately model the Satellite Network
- Allows planning of Carriers and calculation of Link Budgets
- Allows planning of Earth Stations
- Allows planning of Payload Configurations
- Allows Alternative Plan development and comparison through Workspaces
- Maintains information on Customers
- Supports Plan Assessment and Improvement
- Allows Export of information to External Systems
Detailed Payload Analysis
The SCMS models the complexity of today’s high-throughput satellite payloads including the detailed analysis of payload paths, filter responses, and transponder back-off and intermodulation noise impacts. The SCMS is ideal for Ku- and Ka-band systems, supporting site diversity analysis, the latest ITU-R weather models, and a sophisticated analysis of beam coverage including interference between beams reusing frequency.
Providing multiple planning modes, the system supports thousands of carriers on hundreds of channels and beams. The intuitive user interface organizes transponders and carriers into workspaces and provides easy-to-use interactive spectrum bar displays and detailed reports.