Advanced manufacturing and systems engineering
Empowering defence OEMs through innovative defence manufacturing, systems components and systems engineering support
Dependable partner for defence programs
Merging defence manufacturing with systems engineering excellence
Calian ensures that OEMs stay at the forefront of technological advancements. We navigate the complexities of defence systems, optimizing performance, ensuring regulatory compliance and driving a culture of innovation. With Calian as your strategic partner, achieve cost-efficiency, faster time-to-market and enhanced collaboration.Talk to our defence team
Industrial and technological benefits
Calian has long-standing partnerships with post-secondary institutions, research facilities, small and medium businesses (SMBs), and community partners, to deliver maximum ITB value for your program. Calian is a partner of choice for OEMs delivering large programs in Canada.
Advanced facilities and state-of-the-art technology
- Research and development in advanced materials
- Rack and system integration
- Onsite manufacturing engineers that work with engineering design teams
- State-of-the-art production and test equipment
- Site installation and service
- System integration and testing
A global supplier of highly technical solutions
- Facility includes our engineering, test and integration, manufacturing and supply chain management teams
- Canadian Controlled Goods Program registered and experienced in program execution with ITAR requirements
- Registered to ISO 9001:2015
- Adheres to IPC-A-610 class 3, J-STD-001, IPC-7711, IPC- 7721, and IPC/WHMA-A-620 manufacturing standards
Where innovation meets precision: manufacturing guided by expert systems engineering
Comprehensive systems engineering support attuned to your objectives at every stage—from initial requirements analysis to final installation and beyond
Your mission is our blueprint
From understanding your requirements and connecting them to designs, to meticulous testing, delivery and installation, our approach focuses on realizing your vision and solving your challenges.
Completely customizable defence solutions
Discover design approaches for products and systems that address your unique challenges. This isn’t just about requirements—it’s about shaping the solution.
Seamless designs for all defence ventures
Tap into comprehensive embedded design capabilities that serve all your defence needs. With vast expertise in analog, digital and mixed signal design, you will receive the solution to meet your needs.
Turning vision into victory
Harness comprehensive lifecycle support, from PMP-qualified project oversight to custom engineering expertise, ensuring that your challenges not only meet solutions but also pave the way for breakthroughs.
Canadian expertise at your fingertips
Empower your team with groundbreaking technologies. Delve into research on cutting-edge command and control, future systems concepts, evolved security protocols, and protection of personnel, assets and data networks.
Optimized system design & advanced M&S technologies
Inform the design of your critical systems, aid in supporting concept development, experimentation and the evolution of requirements to refine and enhance the overall system design lifecycle.
Revolutionizing military material tracking with DRM-SM
Harness the power of the DRM-SM initiative for pinpoint tracking and management of critical military assets, ensuring every item is uniquely labeled and validated in the defence resource management information system (DRMIS).
Unmatched excellence in electronics design and manufacturing
- Your units, subsystems and systems undergo rigorous testing before delivery.
- Choose where integration and testing occur, whether at our facility or yours.
- Products consistently meet or surpass your expectations.
- Benefit from top-tier design, building and testing, promising unmatched performance for extreme conditions of military application.
Rooted in Canada, connected worldwide
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing sites are located in North America and Europe.
- Headquarters: Ottawa, Ontario with facilities across the National Capital Region
- Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec
- Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Regina, Saskatchewan
- Steisslingen, Germany
Reach out to our experts to find out how we can help you fulfill your defence manufacturing needs.
Manufactured defence products
Designing, building and testing custom components to meet or exceed military performance standards
Your gateway to superior performance
- Unlock custom-built, high-quality wiring harnesses and cable assemblies tailored for defence, space, commercial, government and agriculture sectors.
- Rely on everything from simple coaxial setups to intricate multi-branch wiring harnesses.
- Benefit from E3-certified products designed for peak performance even in the most challenging conditions.
- Ensure reliability across various operational scenarios, meeting strict quality benchmarks.
Advancing your hardware with precision & reliability
- Experience state-of-the-art surface mount technology (SMT) with 3-D automated optical inspection (AOI) and X-ray test capabilities.
- Rely on continued support for legacy CCA designs with through-hole technology (THT) expertise.
- Benefit from specialized low-to-medium rate production, catering to both simple and intricate CCAs.
- Trust in designs and manufacturing that meet MIL-STD and IPC-A-610 standards, ensuring your vetronics products thrive in any operational setting.
Unwavering reliability in military power control and monitoring
- Benefit from expertly designed power control/monitoring products, high-power amplifiers for tactical radios, fire suppression control modules and portable radar units.
- Trust in products crafted to meet stringent quality, functional and E3 standards.
- Ensure unparalleled performance and reliability, even in the toughest operational scenarios.
- Elevate your military applications, ready to withstand demanding conditions.
Composites design and manufacturing
Maximize performance and durability with advanced composite components
Defence manufacturing solutionsPDF
Modernize your defence operations
Connect with Calian on LinkedIn
Your gateway to defence innovation
Discover the forefront of defence technology and insights by following Calian on LinkedIn. Stay updated with our latest innovations in defence solutions and connect with a community of industry leaders and experts.
We move the world forward
We create, develop and manufacture innovative products, solutions and technologies to solve the worlds most complex challenges.
Social responsibility at Calian
Committed to social responsibility.
ESG—more than a buzzword.
Our vision builds on our mission, values, historical commitment to social responsibility and key competencies. It provides a framework and focus for our activities and corporate communications related to ESG (Environmental Social Governance).Discover ESG at Calian
Your service inspires us.
Proudly welcoming 100+ veterans to our team every year
Their expertise enriches our solutions, and hiring military spouses is our heartfelt way of giving back to the defence community. We’re committed to being there for you, in and out of uniform.Explore opportunities
Relocating? We’ve got you covered.
3,700+ family members connected with family doctors
Our partnership with the Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services ensures that military family members are connected with family doctors, hassle-free.Learn more
Building a resilient defence community together.
$650,000+ in corporate giving
We are woven into the military community’s fabric, our support extending to renowned organizations and causes. We’re not just about business; we are about building a supportive and resilient defence community together.Upcoming events
Engaging in research that matters.
Our contributions to significant research projects and our focus on environmental safety are unwavering. We’re front-runners in compliance with environmental laws and continually innovate to lessen our ecological footprint.Learn more
Committed to exceeding expectations.
30+ Indigenous community engagements
With a published Indigenous engagement policy, Calian sets out the framework and guidelines for all Calian business activities while being wholly committed to meeting—even exceeding—the five per cent Indigenous participation requirement on all federal contracts.Learn more
Global innovation for connected, safe & healthy lives
Explore Calian's four business units below.