Ottawa, ON October 31, 2018 -- Calian Group Ltd. (TSX: CGY) reports that organizations from coast to coast are drawing on its emergency management (EM) services for advanced expertise and solutions in emergency management, incident command, operational planning and logistics.
“We have seen many emergency events this year ranging from wildfires to tornadoes to active shooters and terror attacks. These devastating and tragic events have served as a sobering reminder that organizations and communities must be prepared for what can go wrong,” said Richard Moreau, Director, Calian Emergency Management. “Organizations and communities need to take stock of their program development, trainings, response capabilities and recovery reviews.”
Calian Emergency Management is at the Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity Conference this week in Vancouver. Conference attendees can take part in a Calian workshop and view the company’s product and exercise demonstrations.
“I am very excited about Calian’s evolving training capabilities and learning platforms, particularly in emergency management,” added Donald Whitty, VP, Calian Training. “Calian Emergency Management is a natural extension of our services for our largest training customer, the Department of National Defence, and I do not see this demand letting up. A great aspect of our EM solutions is that they are scalable. While we have conducted table-top exercises for small organizations, we have also undertaken some of the largest and most complex emergency management projects in the country.”
Calian continues to evolve its emergency management solutions capabilities to expand global market share. Based on global market forecasts, the emergency management solutions market is expected to grow at double-digit levels.
Examples of Calian Emergency Management’s recent activity and wins include:
Emergency Planning, Training & Consulting
- Reviewing contingency plans for critical infrastructure
- Providing expertise for a National Research Council emergency management audit
- Conducting flood training, workshops, analysis and other EM work for the Interlake Reserves Tribal Council Inc., a partnership of six Manitoba Interlake communities
- Writing a disaster recovery plan for the Public Utilities Department, City of San Diego (a contract in partnership with Enterprise Protection Associates)
Emergency Management Exercises
- Conducting municipal EM exercises for the City of Victoria, B.C., Nanaimo, B.C., and Clarence-Rockland, Ontario
- Conducting a training exercise for HSBC Canada
- Supporting complex, multi-agency, multi-jurisdictional public safety and security preparations for the 2018 G7 Summit in La Malbaie, Quebec, through Calian’s partnership in the Canadian Army Simulation Centre.
Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA)
- Conducting Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments (HIRA) for the City of Whitehorse and IRTC