The demands on law enforcement officers dealing with the health and safety of inmates and detainees have never been greater. Patient transfers to local hospitals are an inefficient use of valuable police resources.
Calian’s federal, provincial and municipal clients have realized up to a 70% reduction in hospital transfer rates by offering on-site care. Our 24/7 models of care are tailored to use an appropriate mix of primary care, urgent care and mental health services supported by an on-site or remote physician.
- On-site 24/7 emergency health care
- Drug and alcohol management
- Mental health crisis management
- Cost-effective care with a remote emergency physician, medical direction and diagnostics
Why provide on-site health care?
- +70% reduction in hospital transfers
- Optimize police resources
- Improve public safety
- Reduce potential risk of legal claims
- Improve care for inmates and detainees
To find out how we can help reduce costs and improve care for your citizens contact:
Learn more about Calian's Occupational Health Services