We are looking for a Bilingual Help Desk Specialist (English/French) to support the Canadian Forces Support Training Group (CFSTG) within the Canadian Forces (CF) unit located at Canadian Forces Base Borden. This is a multi-year contract with the chance of extension.
The Help Desk Specialist, level 1, responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following tasks and deliverables:
- Provide 1st line IT support to CFB Borden users working on the Defence Wide Area Network (DWAN), the General Purpose Network (GPNet), Internet connected and standalone systems
- Receive, diagnose and resolve incidents as per provided procedures
- Provide client assistance in person, via telephone or via remote tools such as Proxy or Windows Remote Assistance
- Receive and fulfill or route service requests to the appropriate 2nd line provider
- Configure software
- Administer network and email accounts
- Document all incidents and SRs and actions pertaining to incidents and SRs in the provided ITSM tool as per provided procedures
- Install, administer and maintain Windows 10 operating system and Office
- Document configuration item changes in a configuration management database (CMDB)
- Provide verbal and written reports on problems and resolutions for IT services
- Must be Bilingual (English / French)
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a help desk or service desk analyst, providing user desktop IT support for Windows 7 or Windows 10 in a large (over 1,000 users) enterprise, corporate or Government environment
- Minimum one (1) year of experience using an Information technology Service Management (ITSM) tool such as Axios Assyst, Magic or Remedy in a help desk or service desk environment
- Minimum two (2) year College diploma for Computer Systems Technician Networking, Programmer Analyst or similar program such as Computer Support Technician
The federal government has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for public servants and all contractor personnel who access Government of Canada workplaces. As an employee or independent contractor of Calian performing work for federal government customers of Calian, you will be subject to this mandate.
Calian has a duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace and is contractually obligated to adhere to government mandates, policies, and directives. Your employment / independent contractor agreement with Calian will require that you obey all workplace health, safety, and security rules and regulations established by Calian or the customer.
Every Calian employee and independent contractor working on Calian customer worksites will be required to complete an attestation before you are employed by Calian, stating that you are Fully vaccinated (full series of a Health Canada-approved vaccine, 14 days have passed since your last dose). This is a mandatory requirement and failure to complete the attestation will result in you being non-compliant for the position and we will therefore be unable to move forward in the hiring process.
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and others who may contribute to the diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.
Submit Your Resume
Mandatory fields are marked *