The Canadian Forces School of Communications and Electronics (CFSCE) is an individual training and education military unit located in Kingston, Ontario. It is responsible for training and educating members of the Communications and Electronics (C&E) Branch of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) for employment in jobs across the military (Army, Air Force, Navy, & Joint). CFSCE is responsible for developing, delivering, and maintaining over ninety different technical courses.
The Junior Network Instructor will provide professional services to assist CFSCE in designing, developing, delivering, evaluating and providing a range of training activities for the Canadian Forces.
- Prepare work plans, schedules and progress reports summarizing work completed to date, planned work and the identification of any problems, risks, or impediments to successful task completion
- Develop and maintain proficiency and currency with the knowledge, skills and competencies of the contract in order to provide detailed explanations to students on the intended use, function, and underlying technology for the specific course
- Identify background content, including identifying source material and reference items, such as books, periodicals, CD/DVD’s, and on-line media; that will contribute to the development of new and enhanced course content
- Provide technical advice and guidance including identifying possible exercise scenarios, providing recommendations for knowledge tests, and defining, configuring, and testing network infrastructure required to conduct exercises
- Developing or revising lesson plans, instructional material, and training aids
- Developing or revising courseware based on input from the Project Authority
- Deliver the training in accordance with the course Lesson Plan, using appropriate Adult Education techniques
- Set up the classroom prior to the start of the scheduled start time
- Provide administrative briefing to participants at the beginning of the course outlining location of fire exits, washrooms, restaurant facilities, lunchroom area, and course outline
- Distribute attendance list to participants for their signature
- Evaluate tests and/or assignments
- Set-up the online environment in accordance with the training plan
- Conduct or assist with lab and/or practical demonstrations which may be held indoors or outdoors
- Provide input to Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) completion, validation, maintenance, and revision
- Provide feedback and recommendations to the Project Authority as part of the lessons learned process including recommending changes to course curriculum, exam questions, or exam format
- Deliverables may include but are not limited to diagrams, reports and documents dealing with the related subject matter content, Course Feedback Report, and related documents
- A high school graduation Diploma or certificate AND a minimum of 5 years of related employment experience (not necessarily as an instructor) AND a minimum of 3 years experience instruction in the subject area
- A post secondary certificate or diploma in instruction or Education (must be realted to Adult Learning) AND a minimum of 3 years instructing in the identified category
- A college diploma (in any field) or a university degree (in any field) AND a minimum of 3 years of related employment experience AND a minimum of 3 years experience instruction in the subject area
- Achieved the rank of Master Corporal or Sergeant AND a minimum of 3 years experience instruction in the subject area
- Must hold a valid Cisco Certified Network Association (CCNA) Certification
Location and Hours of Work:
The work will be performed on-site at CFSCE in Kingston. Working hours at CFSCE can vary between 0700hr and 2200hrs
The federal government has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for public servants and all contractor personnel who access Government of Canada workplaces. As an employee or independent contractor of Calian performing work for federal government customers of Calian, you will be subject to this mandate.
Calian has a duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace and is contractually obligated to adhere to government mandates, policies, and directives. Your employment / independent contractor agreement with Calian will require that you obey all workplace health, safety, and security rules and regulations established by Calian or the customer.
Every Calian employee and independent contractor working on Calian customer worksites will be required to complete an attestation before you are employed by Calian, stating that you are Fully vaccinated (full series of a Health Canada-approved vaccine, 14 days have passed since your last dose). This is a mandatory requirement and failure to complete the attestation will result in you being non-compliant for the position and we will therefore be unable to move forward in the hiring process.
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and others who may contribute to the diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.
Submit Your Resume
Mandatory fields are marked *