##About the role:
In the Database Administrator role, you will be helping to support the Department of National Defence within the Canadian School of Aerospace Technology and Engineering (CFSATE). This position is located at CFB Borden
The duties of the Database Administrator is to develop, design, implement, and maintain existing and new database solutions and provide reliability, availability and data protection, while ensuring database integrity.
The Database Administrator tasks may include and may not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Work closely with the database users in order to maintain and safeguard the integrity of the database.
- Maintain data dictionaries.
- Develop and implement procedures that will ensure the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data stored in the database.
- Develop and implement security procedures for the database, including access and user account management.
- Maintain configuration control of the database. Perform and/or co-ordinate updates to the database design.
- Control and coordinate changes to the database, including the deletion of records and changes to existing records.
- Develop and coordinate back-up and disaster recovery for all databases.
- Develop user-friendly front ends for existing and new databases.
- Develop learning materials, SOPs, job aids and Work Instructions as required.
- Provide training and support to the users of Monitor Mass and associated software.
- Track and monitor data collection ensuring security and data integrity.
- Develop automated reporting procedures and data mining for requested information as required by senior management, enabling a self-serve environment
- Publishing distance learning course and updates on the Learning Management System (LMS).
A two (2) year College level certificate in computer science or equivalent and three (3) years of experience in a related Information Technology field within the last ten (10) years; Secret Clearance or ability to be cleared.
The federal government has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for public servants and all contractor personnel who access Government of Canada workplaces. As an employee or independent contractor of Calian performing work for federal government customers of Calian, you will be subject to this mandate.
Calian has a duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace and is contractually obligated to adhere to government mandates, policies and directives. Your employment / independent contractor agreement with Calian will require that you obey all workplace health, safety and security rules and regulations established by Calian or the customer.
Every Calian employee and independent contractor working on Calian customer worksites will be required to complete an attestation before you are employed by Calian, stating that you are Fully vaccinated (full series of a Health Canada-approved vaccine, 14 days have passed since your last dose). This is a mandatory requirement and failure to complete the attestation will result in you being non-compliant for the position and we will therefore be unable to move forward in the hiring process.
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3000 professionals working on projects across Canada. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in health, training, engineering and IT services. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).
Submit Your Resume
Mandatory fields are marked *