Are you an E-Learning Developer Guru? How is your multimedia creation using images, sound, and video? Does assembling E-Learning content excite you? If so, Calian is looking for you!
Calian is actively looking for a passionate E-Learning Developer to support the Canadian Forces School of Aerospace Technology and Engineering (CFSATE) with designing and developing highly interactive E-Learning courseware.
CFSATE is a DND establishment located at Canadian Forces Base Borden (CFB Borden). The role of CFSATE is to provide the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) with qualified aircraft maintenance personnel by developing and carrying out individual aerospace technical and engineering training in accordance with aviation and military approved doctrine and standards.
CFSATE’s vision is tied to the evolving needs of the RCAF; its commitment to people, efficiency and responsiveness enables the creation and continuous operation of a dedicated, modern, training environment for all future aircraft technicians and aerospace engineers.
Tasks - including but not limited to:
• Produce web-based media for both the Internet and DND
• Assist in both face-to-face and virtual-based instructional design and collaborative group activities (i.e. storyboarding);
• Program E-Learning product elements in accordance with Instructional Design standards
• Testing interactive E-Learning courseware on various delivery platforms and e-Learning environments (e.g. Web Based Training) IAW E-Learning design principles;
• Conducting research and development activities and attendance at conferences, webinars,
Qualifications – including but not limited to:
• Completion of a 2 year of a College level educational program in web-based development of courseware, computer modeling and animation, computer science, information technology or equivalent.
• Experience with graphic development software and tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Graphics development and XML based content demonstrated through work experience in creating eLearning products using said software and tools;
• Content Packaging Standards and Specifications for share-ability (user of one or several of the following: SCORM, IEEE, IMS, AICC, Storyline2, Lectoral, Captivate, 3D Studio Max or Blender & Unity)
Type of assignment:
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3000 professionals working on projects that span Canada, U.S. and international markets. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in health, training, engineering and IT services as well as within the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex systems to the communications and defence sectors. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.