Windows Azure Automation and Support Administrator
Type of Assignment: Contract
• Support of the current Windows Active Directory environment
• Participate in transformation of services to Azure cloud services
• Introduce automation capabilities to reduce manual provisioning and deprovisioning, maintenance and security activities.
• Configure users, groups, group policy objects, service accounts, application layer services and other objects, often coordinating with software developers
• Administer AD, DNS, DHCP and WINS, Azure AD, Azure IaaS services, Azure PaaS services, Multi Factor Authentication service, Directory Sync tools and processes, Federation services
• Provide third level support for problems relating to Active Directory.
• Transition users from multiple legacy domains into a consolidated domain/forest structure
• Test environments for potential upgrade to Windows 2012/16 as an Active Directory platform.
• Select appropriate Cloud services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements
• Migrate complex, multi-tier applications on Cloud Platforms
• Assess diverse operational landscape and determine industry best practices using Microsoft Azure cloud tools for automation and orchestration of the compute environment
• Implement Single Sign-on for new applications migrating to cloud based authentication
• 3-5 years Windows 2008-2019 Active Directory Services,
• 3+ years Azure Cloud Core Platform (Compute, Storage)
• 5+ years general OS System admin (Windows server, Linux)
• 3+ years directory services for Windows, Linux (LDAP)
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems, determine root cause and develop solutions
• Strong communications skills - excellent spoken and written English communication
• Ability to present complex technical issues clearly and concisely to a general audience
• Ability to develop and nurture relationships over long distances and remote technologies like Skype
• Network troubleshooting, on-premise and cloud-based virtualization technologies
• Automation technologies and scripting tools (RPA, powershell, etc)
The Business and Technology Services Division of Calian augments customer workforces with flexible short and long-term placements of individuals and teams, provides access to critical recruiting capabilities and delivers outsourcing services in a variety of technical and professional functions. We are proud to offer full- and part-time opportunities for IT specialists, engineers, trainers, health care providers and other qualified business and technical staff. Our five-point focus on stability, quality, confidentiality, service and opportunity make us the ideal partner to help you achieve your professional goals.
To send your resume directly to the Calian Recruiter responsible for this position, please visit (insert url for posting here).Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.