About the role:
Are you a skilled technician looking for your next opportunity?
Do you have an active interest in tactical vehicles and equipment?
We’re looking for a Vehicle Technician to work with our military lifecycle management team. This is a uniquely interesting role, where the incumbent will have the opportunity to work with a variety of military and tactical equipment.
- Must have a security clearance at the secret level;
- 2 years’ experience (within the past ten) maintaining vehicles or equipment that have been deployed in a military context (ex. disaster response)
- A controlled goods certificate would be an added bonus
Specific duties may include (but are not limited to):
• Developing, reviewing and maintaining the Equipment Support List database;
• Determining and recommending the range, distribution and quantity of repair parts required;
• Performing a physical examination of the equipment;
• Participating in initial provisioning conferences by providing technical guidance about anticipated spare parts consumption rates;
• Analyzing and advising on maintenance plans;
• Reviewing equipment manufacturer’s parts breakdown lists for completeness;
• Reviewing and advising on manufacture’s recommended spare parts list;
• Determining lines of repair;
• Updating Equipment records and materiel;
Type of assignment:
This is a long-term opportunity offering paid vacation and a competitive salary, as well as benefits.
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.