About the role:
Working in collaboration with a diverse team of professionals, the Training Specialist will take a lead role in developing instructional content on a groundbreaking new remediation project.
Education & experience:
• A Bachelor of Sciences (or higher) degree, OR
• 10 years of technical experience with increase responsibility across the development of various training programs including SAT-based training;
• A minimum of 5- years’ experience in the nuclear decommissioning area;
• Experience in commercial nuclear power plants (or large industry where specialized equipment is in use);
• Previous experience with radioactive waste handling equipment and remote-operated equipment;
• Previous equipment design and/or fabrication experience;
• preferred to have project engineering or system engineering experience.
Type of assignment:
This is a long-term (2-year) term position offering competitive compensation and full-time hours. The working schedule is atypical, following a 10-hour workday 4-days per week (Monday to Thursday). Occasional travel to Whiteshell Laboratories (Manitoba) may be required.
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.