About the role:
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity to develop technical Airworthiness reports? Calian has a position for you! We are currently looking for a Technical Writer to work in the NCR writing CFTOs, Directives, newsletters, reports, and web pages.
Working in this position will require performing the following duties:
- Extensive document management, i.e. save, scan, archive, etc.
- Coordinating with stakeholders and publishing contractor
- Regular maintenance of website including uploading complex documents
- Taking minutes at quarterly and bi-annually TARC and ARBs as well as NATO Working Groups
- Making recommendations to management
- Maintaining awareness of trends, current practices, policies, contractual services, new editing techniques and standards, Government and DND standards, etc.
- Maintaining a concurrence of terminology throughout all Airworthiness documentation
- Participate in working groups
- Create, develop, and maintain promotional material about the DND Technical Airworthiness Program in both official languages
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Knowledge of AF9000 quality system
- Knowledge of DND/CF Airworthiness Program
- Experience developing writing procedures
- Experience with RDIMS and record keeping procedures
Type of assignment:
This is a full time, long term contract position
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.