Technical IBM Mainframe Support Analyst
About the role:
The Technical Analyst will provide system programming support for their z13s mainframe. He or she will work closely with the other Technical Support Analysts, Senior Technical Analyst, Project Manager, Solution Architect, Business Analyst, IT Services Staffs and Vendor Personnel to deliver the above initiatives following Project Management Methodology and Documentation Guidelines.
Assist in providing system programming support for the following:
o IBM z13S mainframe
o IBM DS8884
o IBM 3592 tape drives
o IBM 6400 printers
o z/VM 6.2
o z/VSE 5.2 and 6.2
o All software listed in the attach list
o Web programming
o CMS Pipeline programs
Be available for on-call during off-hours (4pm – 8am weekdays, 24 hours weekends and holidays).
Attend and provide input to project meetings.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to details
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working on z/VM, z/VSE operating systems
• University degree or college diploma in a related field (Computer Science, Information System, Engineering, Business with IS background) or equivalent experience
• Experience supporting mainframe software in the attached list.
• Experience web programming.
• Experience supporting systems in a corporate environment.
Type of assignment:
3 year contract, Fulltime
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.