About the role:
Do you like being the subject matter expert when it comes to best practices in software quality assurance? Do you want an opportunity to design, implement, and execute automated tests to provide a high level of assurance in meeting predetermined quality standards?
If so. the Software Quality and Support Specialist is the role for you! You will be responsible with providing advanced support to system users and assist in troubleshooting and resolving issues. You will also have the opportunity to cultivate an intimate understanding of business processes and workflows, as well as of the overall features and functions of the software developed in support of those processes and workflows.
Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Using current programming language and technologies, write software lines of code to include automated software test and evaluation tools, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging of applications under development
• Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications
• Conduct root cause analysis and implement fixes and performance tuning
• Complete documentation and procedures for testing, installation and maintenance
• Develop and refine the acceptance criteria for user stories along with product owner and Agile Software Development team
• Execute test cases based on functional specifications for new products as well as change requests (defects, enhancements, new features functionality)
• Create, maintain, and execute automated functional, regression, UI and stress/load testing of Software applications
• Work with varied Subject Matter Experts to identify, diagnose, and isolate bugs, issues, and new feature requests based on customer demonstrations and user acceptance testing
• Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering
• Experience with Object Oriented Programming (OOP) techniques.
• Experience with the following:
o Microsoft .NET Framework and ASP.NET
o Unit Testing Frameworks (MSTest)
o Microsoft Test Manager (MTM)
o Software Performance / Load Testing Tools
o Automated User Interface Testing Frameworks (i.e. Selenium)
o Familiarity with configuring, tuning, and maintaining Microsoft Windows Server and IIS (Internet Information Services)
o Familiarity with configuring, tuning, and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server
• Familiar with software testing fundamentals, Windows services, TCP/IP networking concepts, API'sCalian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.