Software and Infrastructure Performance Tester
About the role:
The Software and Infrastructure Performance Tester will be part of a test team and will be performance (load/stress) testing a New Scheduling System.
The goal of the Performance (load/stress) testing is to ensure that the new system will be able to handle the load of expected new users (approximately 10,000 Workers) without negatively impacting performance response time of new portals on the existing Workforce Central (WFC) platform. To accomplish this, it has been decided to engage an external vendor to provide the Performance (load/stress) testing service prior to implementation and deployment into the production environment.
The Software and Infrastructure Performance Tester is responsible for:
• Reviewing relevant project documentation (BRD, Design, Use Cases, etc.)
• Providing comments and identifying gaps, ambiguities, contradictions, etc. within the project documentation
• Designing and preparing appropriate test scenarios, test scripts and test data based upon the project documentation
• Verifying that the Test Environment matches the 'live' Production Environment prior to test execution
• Executing the performance (load/stress) tests and analyzing the test results
• Documenting and tracking the performance issues resulting from the tests
• Working cooperatively with other project/sustainment team members during the performance testing of the IT based Solution
• Attending testing related meeting(s) during testing period as required
• Attending other project meetings as required
• Reporting status of the performance testing to IT Test Lead and/or IT Project Manager
• Minimum of five years testing experience as a Software and Infrastructure Performance Tester in large, complex projects within a web-based application environment that comprises both internal and external (Cloud) components.
• Demonstrated expertise in the field of quality assurance/quality control, test planning, test script development, test execution and test result analysis.
• Clear understanding of Business Requirements, Solution Design, Statement of Work, Test Strategy and Test Plan documentation as they apply to project's test phase.
• Extensive experience in performance testing ASP.Net based web application solutions in a HTML5 environment preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
• Experience performance testing Kronos Workforce Central (WFC) is a definite asset.
• Extensive experience in all facets of testing (i.e. planning, documenting, test execution, reporting, defect management and resolution).
• University/Community College degree in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering or equivalent is a definite asset.
• Certification in Software Quality Engineering or equivalent is a definite asset.
• Solid experience in planning and executing Performance (load/stress) Tests, analysing the results and writing reports to Management.
• Strong knowledge of testing methodologies (waterfall, agile, ASAP).
• Extensive experience using Micro Focus/HPE Performance Centre v12.x or later, Micro Focus/HPE Diagnostics v9.x and Sitescope v11.x are mandatory.
• Experience using Micro Focus/HPE ALM v12.x or later is mandatory.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Windows 10 and MS Office 2013 including MS Access 2013.
Type of assignment:
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.