Have you ever considered working at CFB Edmonton as a Social Worker / Counsellor? We're building a pool!
About the role:
Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and well-being of our military members.
Starting immediately, we are building a pool of qualified Social Work candidates who will be CONTACTED FIRST and CONSIDERED FIRST, as new positions arise on base.
Why Calian? Why practice Social Work at CFB Edmonton? In these roles, you will benefit from:
• Range of Presenting Issues – Expand your professional practice in a supportive practice environment. See a range of psychosocial, mental health, and/or trauma cases.
• Collaborative Shared-Care Model – Work closely with experience Psychiatrists, Clinical Psychologists, Mental Health Nurses, Addictions Counsellors, and Registered Social Workers, as well as members of the primary care and allied health teams on site.
• Motivated Clients – Patient population is exclusively military men and women.
• Time for Administrative Duties – Ample time provided for booked appointments, team consultations, and admin time.
• Work-Life Balance – The clinic on base is open daytime hours only, Monday to Friday. No evenings, weekends, or overtime required.
Looking to know more? Interested in being considered?
Follow these simple steps:
1. Consider the mandatory qualifications:
• MSW or BSW required
• Licensed with the ACSW
• 3 years of experience doing therapy or counselling with adults (anxiety, depression, stress, substance abuse, trauma, etc).
2. Submit your resume through our website, highlighting how you meet (or will meet) the qualifications. All submissions will be confidential.
3. A specialized recruiter will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your interest.
Join Calian’s elite list of qualified Social Workers today and be the first to hear of future opportunities on base!
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.