About the role:
Our Federal Government client currently requires a Senior Telecommunications Security Analyst to perform the following duties:
• Provide analysis, strategic advice, and subject matter expertise to the core project team and stakeholders from a networking perspective.
• Gain an understanding of the requirements placed upon the classified Secure Tailored Solutions (STS) Mobile Connectivity Capability (STS-MCCP) solution by the Government of Canada communities.
• Design, implement and support the STS-MCCP solution which underpins the interconnectivity of various Government of Canada departments to interoperate at the Secret level.
• Develop integration solutions with the Government of Canada Secret Infrastructure.
• Provide technical advice throughout the system administration life cycle from a life cycle management and service improvement perspective.
• Provide knowledge transfer to the members of operational team who will be supporting the environment.
• Create and maintain technical documentation in support of the environments and the transition of services.
• Create and maintain conceptual and detailed design architecture models for the technical infrastructure.
• Create and maintain a test plan for the environment.
• Analysis and troubleshooting of the infrastructure deployed into an operational/production environment.
• Establish and document, as required, standards, best practices and procedures to ensure the availability of the environment and the interoperability with the Government of Canada partners.
• Enable operational support to the mission critical systems, including documenting 1st and 2nd level support processes and procedures and perform 3rd level support when required.
• Provide ad-hoc services to the technical team which supports the STS-MCCP environments.
• Clearance: Top Secret
• Language: English
• A minimum of 7 years of experience in the last 8 years in the field of information technology security
• Six (6) years of experience developing networking solutions based on IT Security Architectures relating to a GC Classified Secret common or shared service for the Government of Canada.
• A minimum of 6 years of experience in the last 7 years designing, implementing and administering Secure Networking Solutions involving the Taclane inline encryptor product for the Government of Canada.
• A minimum of 6 years of experience in the last 7 years designing, implementing and administering Secure Networking Solutions involving the Cisco ISR product for networking within the Government of Canada.
• Experience on zoned security architectures, telecommunications technologies, secure IT architectures fundamentals, standards, communications and security protocols.
• Experience implementing, integrating, configuring, or administering Secret level Information Exchange Gateways (IEGs) for the Government of Canada.
• Experience designing, implementing and administering, Cisco Switching, Cisco ISR, Taclane, Cisco CUCM.
• Experience validating IT security controls (ITSG33 based) and applicable safeguards;
Type of assignment:
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3,000 professionals working on projects that span Canada, U.S. and international markets. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in health, training, engineering and IT services as well as within the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex systems to the communications and defence sectors. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.