Type of Assignment: Contract, full-time
Length of Assignment: 1 year
Our public sector client is currently sourcing for a senior DBA to perform the following duties:
• Experience using a Change and/or Problem Management system, e.g. Infoman, Remedy or similar product
• Experience developing, implementing, monitoring and maintaining Database management systems (DBMS) reorganization mechanisms.
• Experience creating and modifying database schemas as required for new or existing applications.
• Experience testing and certifying DBMS installations or changes
• Experience monitoring, collecting and analysing performance of the DBMS regions and related software during, and following production implementation.
• Experience designing and implementing security policies to ensure safety and protection of data resident in the various DBMS
• Completed a post-secondary educational program in computer science, information technology or information management.
• A minimum of eight (8) years of experience within the last 15 years supporting database systems.
• A minimum of six (6) years of combined experience within the last 8 years supporting the following database systems: Sybase Adaptive Service Enterprise 15.x or higher and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or higher
• Secret level clearance
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.