About the role:
Have you ever daydreamed of working on a government project under an incident command structure? Are you a public health professional interested in supporting government pandemic planning and incident response at the federal level?
Calian’s Emergency Management team is looking to work with public health professionals (policy specialists, medical professionals, researchers, etc.) on a casual consultancy basis to support new and ongoing projects at all levels (including Federal).
Education & experience:
• Relevant education credentials (ex. MD, PhD in a health or medical field, MSc.N, etc.); and
• Experience in developing, implementing, monitoring emergency management or public health action plans; OR
• Experience implementing, managing infectious disease programs; OR
• Experience providing national leadership and technical expertise for the coordination of public health security issues; OR
• Experience in developing, implementing, monitoring action plans within operational government organizations
Additional experience criteria:
• French/English bilingualism is a very strong asset
Type of assignment:
This is a remote on-call (casual) opportunity, allowing consultants to respond with flexibility around their other committments in a time of crisis.
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.