About the role:
Calian is looking for a eLearning Consultants to support DND with provision of learning advisory, learning designer, courseware development, quality assurance and training evaluation services of its Learning, Training and Professional Development (LTPD) activities within the Material Acquisition and Support (MA&S) section at DMGMC.
Tasks of the Rapid eLearning programmer include, but are not limited to the following:
• Create multimedia animations using images, sound and videos;
• Use authoring software to assemble eLearning content and publish course in accordance with educational design documents;
• Design and create interactions that are included in rapid eLearning software;
• Diagnose breakdowns and resolve issues related to online course interactions that do not properly publish or report data to a learning management system;
• Develop content in collaboration with training designers based on scenarios;
• Provide advice on appropriate interactions and also on the limitations of some applications; And
• Create reusable online content.
• Must have a university degree (any field) or a college diploma (any field)
• Must have developed at least five eLearning courses within the past two years using rapid learning tools (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS, Adobe Flash, and/or TechSmith’s Articulate)
• If SCORM is required in the application, must have developed SCORM-compliant content including content packages and metadata files for at least three SCORM-compliant courses within the last two years
Type of assignment:
Contract, full timeCalian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.