About the role:
Our Ottawa based customer is looking for a Senior Network Architect who will be responsible for:
• Analysis, design, planning and implementation of various network systems including: routers, switches, firewalls, Wan Accelerators, VPN, IPS, load balancing, and logging/monitoring applications.
• Capacity planning, creation and maintenance of documentation.
• Network performance monitoring and root cause analysis.
• Design and implementation of new network solution projects including analyzing technical needs, research and architect solutions.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in IT and networking fields (including NOC or SOC).
• Experience in network management (including setup, troubleshooting and network security).
• Experience in configuration and troubleshooting of EIGRP, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, and L2 protocols.
• Advanced knowledge of large scale LAN/ WAN technologies (switches, routers, wireless and firewalls) with knowledge on BGP, OSPF, and MPLS networking.
• Experience with Cisco Systems portfolio of networking solutions (routing, switching, WLAN) including solid Cisco Nexus experience.
• Knowledge with layer 2 and 3 network protocols including TCP/IP, Spanning Tree, VLAN, OSPF, and BGP.
• Knowledge with network security technologies including IPSEC, PPTP, SSL, NAT, PAT, VPN and Firewalls.
• Understanding of networking technologies (DNS, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP, SMB, SSH, VPN, NAT, IPSec and VoIP).
• Valid and active Secret security clearance.
• Certification in networking technologies such as Cisco, Juniper, HP/Aruba, or Fortinet are an asset.
• Fluency in French would be an asset but not required.
Type of assignment:
Permanent, full time
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.