Calian is building a team of Learning Professionals to design, develop, program and customize existing training material.
We are looking for a Senior Learning Designer, 2 Intermediate Learning Designers, 1 Senior Custom eLearning Programmer and 1 Intermediate Rapid eLearning Programmer. With the help of Subject Matter Experts (SME), this team will be tasked with creating a curriculum for a new Linguistic Services Request Management System (LSRMS) as well as redesign existing training content and align them with adult learning principles. The content created will either be used in a classroom environment or hosted online.
The successful candidate will be required to develop learning methodologies suitable for multiple delivery formats based on learning needs analysis for both Official Languages and that will meet accessibility standards.
This person will have the capacity to convert the course methodology and content into multiple formats including online learning, webinar, paper format, web distribution for both Official Languages and that meet accessibility standards.
Senior Learning Designer responsibilities:
• Conduct needs assessment
• Develop expected outcomes of training and learning objectives:
o Specify performance, education and learning objectives
o Establish integrated instruction and learning strategies
• Describe and select a training program including:
o Define the characteristics of the learner
o Specify the learning content and establish course guidelines
• Oversee and review course content and storyboards developed by Intermediate Learning Designers:
o Validate content with Subject Matter Experts
• Prepare instructors to use or implement instructional materials in instructional programs
• Oversees the creation of the overall training architecture
• Training Needs Analysis Report
• Collecting, analyzing and synthesizing information that provides insight into best practices and lessons learned that would effectively support the development of curriculum and material
• Adapting existing SDL curriculum to:
o address all learning styles
o various delivery modes including: Webex, MOODLE, online platforms, videos, job aids, user guides and in-class training
• Coaching modules
What you need to do this role:
• Must have a college diploma (any field) or a university degree (any field)
• Must have at least 9 years’ experience in course design
• Must have at least 2 years’ experience in designing e-learning products
• Bilingual, fluent in English and French
#LI-RL1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.