About the role:
Our client’s Information Technology Services team is seeking a Senior Information Security Specialist to ensure the protection of confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets and information systems of high importance to the organization. The Specialist plays an integral role in leading governance, risk and compliance processes and activities related to information security across the organization. This role requires an individual who will balance the need to protect information and technical assets against threats with the open and collaborative culture in the sector.
In this role, you will work in close collaboration with business and technical managers and stakeholders across the organization. The Specialist is accountable for the maintenance of the organization’s information security policy instruments and will regularly evaluate, report, and recommend changes to information security practices for efficacy and compliance with the organization’s policies, external requirements, and applicable laws. This role provides the incumbent with the opportunity to evaluate the digital environment for informal security risks, and to determine and recommend improvements to current information security risk management controls while considering business impact and cost options. This role is also responsible for maintaining the data classification framework and associated policy instruments, user tools, and support guidance.
If you are a business and technical professional who has mastered a broad spectrum of information security practices and business functions, if you understand the importance and magnitude of cybersecurity as it pertains to academic and organizational data, and if you are a strong communicator and collaborator, the Senior Information Security Specialist role is the one for you. We look forward to hearing from you.
• Cybersecurity Education and Awareness
• Information Security Program Management Support
• Governance, Risk and Compliance Support
• Language: English
• University degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Cybersecurity Management, or related field.
• Certifications: completion of CISSP is mandatory; CISM, CISA is an asset.
• Demonstrated experience in Information Security Management.
• Progressive experience leading teams and technical projects.
• Experience with threat/risk assessment methodologies, risk management principles and procedures.
• Experience with security technology and applications, data protection techniques, and technical architectures.
• Experience investigating and resolving Information Security incidents.
• Experience configuring security features in operating systems, applications, databases, and telecommunication devices.
• Knowledge of IT continuity and disaster recovery planning.
• Knowledge on the application of information security within the OSI or TCP/IP model.
• Comprehensive knowledge of how telecommunication protocols and services, ports, switches and routers, are used to obfuscate malicious behaviour, gain unauthorized access, alter data integrity or impact system availability.
• Comprehensive knowledge of cybersecurity frameworks (e.g. NIST, Cloud Security Alliance).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including experience in writing technical documentation and delivering business centric presentations.
• Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Type of assignment:
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3,000 professionals working on projects that span Canada, U.S. and international markets. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in health, training, engineering and IT services as well as within the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex systems to the communications and defence sectors. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.