About the role:
Our Federal Government client has an ongoing need for Senior IT Security Privacy Specialists to perform the following duties:
• The Privacy Specialist will analyze privacy concerns, create and deliver privacy checklist documents for review and approval, perform Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) against services and work on various documents in response to the Office of Privacy commissioner.
• The work performed needs to be done according to the following standards, policies documents and best practices:
• The resource is required to have extensive knowledge of the GC standards, policies and guidelines.
• The resource should be certified in the field of IT Privacy, preferably through an industry recognized certification body.
• Must create and deliver of privacy checklist document for review and approval;
• Must perform Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA) against services while consulting with the Program area and Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP);
• Must create and update (as required) presentations, briefing notes, responses to letters from the Office of Privacy Commissioner OPC, related to Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA) performed or in progress.
• Must assist with and review Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) related activities pursuant to the new TBS Directive on Privacy Impact Assessments, and related policies and instruments (standards, processes, guidelines, and procedures);
• Must assess privacy risks and propose mitigation mechanisms or strategies;
• Must review project documentation where available and/or applicable including demonstration(s), data flow diagrams and presentation materials;
• Must initiate and participate in discussions regarding privacy issues;
• Must meet with Office of Privacy Commissioner (OPC) to discuss elements of the Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) and issue record of decision for each meeting. Follow-up on any action items identified;
• Must accept, review and respond to questions from departmental stakeholders prior to producing the final Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) report(s);
• Must follow-up on further information requirements; discuss privacy and policy risks that may be identified during analysis;
• Must review project documentation related to IT issues, technologies and architecture and security influencing privacy risks;
• Must report on compliance with policies and related instruments (e.g., directives, standards, processes, guidelines, and procedures);
• Must produce final draft Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) reports within a sufficient timeframe to allow ample opportunity to review findings with all stakeholders including ATIP;
• Must finalize Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs)and briefing notes;
• Clearance: Secret
• Language: English
• A minimum of 10 years (in the last 15 years) work experience in the IT field.
• Experience working as a privacy design/assessment specialist for a large IT service provider
• Experience identifying privacy requirements in the form of privacy requirements traceability matrices (PRTM) for enterprise IT services, systems or infrastructure
• Experience in the assessment and review of evidence to assess and ensure that the proper privacy controls identified for IT services, systems or infrastructure have been implemented within the service/system design.
• Experience in writing of formal privacy impact assessments (PIA)
• Experience in developing and evaluating Privacy Risk Management Plans
• Experience in the development of a detailed privacy risk mitigation plans
• Experience providing privacy-specific guidance and advice to Senior Management
Type of assignment:
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.