About the role:
Our Federal Government client requires a Senior Security Design Specialist to perform the following duties:
• Provide IT Security support, most specifically in the area of IT Security Architecture, Engineering and Security Assessment of Data Centre IT Infrastructure & Services.
• Working in partnership with all stakeholders to ensure security is implemented early into the design; to identify technical architecture, challenges, risks, provide recommendations and security assessment services for various infrastructure projects.
• This includes, but not limited to, deliverables such as tailoring of security control for various data centre infrastructure services, assessment/validation of the implementation of the security controls into the architecture design documentation, assessment/validation of security mitigation effectiveness, assessment/validation of the effectiveness of security controls in development, preproduction & production environments, preparing security assessment plans, risks registers, weekly assessment reports, security requirements traceability matrices (SRTMs), and security assessment reports
• Clearance: Secret
• Language: English
• 10+ years’ work experience in the IT field
• 5+ year’s experience in writing of formal Security Assessment (ITSG-33 based) reports.
• Direct working knowledge of the Government of Canada standards, policies and guidelines and the principles of security and privacy by design.
Direct experience developing the following documents:
o Statement of Sensitivity,
o Asset Categorization,
o Security Categorization
o Threat Assessment,
o Business Needs for Security,
o Statement of Acceptable Risk
Direct experience validating the following:
o IT security controls (ITSG33 based);
o Assessment of mitigation strategies;
o Assessment of residual risk.
• Experience developing and updating TRAs for IT Systems using the Harmonized Threat and Risk Assessment (HTRA) methodology
Experience in the following areas:
o MS operating systems;
o Linux operating systems;
o z/OS operating systems;
o Networking Protocols (HTTP, FTP, Telnet);
o Internet security protocols (SSL, S-HTTP, S-MIME, IPSec, SSH);
o Wireless Security;
o TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, SMTP;
o Intrusion detection systems and firewalls; and
o Approved GC Cryptographic Algorithms.
• Experienced, dynamic IT security professional with expertise in various IM/IT Technologies.
Type of assignment:
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3,000 professionals working on projects that span Canada, U.S. and international markets. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in health, training, engineering and IT services as well as within the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex systems to the communications and defence sectors. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.