About the role:
Our Federal Government client currently requires a Senior Security Design Specialist to perform the following duties:
Lead E&I activities for projects that the team is taking part in. This would involve:
• Analysis of requirements
• Solution research
• Writing design documents
• Testing in a lab setting
• Building and deploying solutions
• Documenting the solution and transitioning support to operations teams
These are the technology areas the team deals with:
• Layer 2 and layer 3 firewalls.
• Intrusion Detection/Prevention Service (IDPS)
• URL Filtering
• SSL/TLS intercept
• Web application firewall (WAF)
• Virtual hypervisor based security
• Sandbox Appliances
• Virtual Private Networks (site to site and remote access)
• Network Access Control (NAC)
• Cloud based infrastructure
• Clearance: Secret
• Language: English
• 10 years’ work experience in the IT field.
• 5 years’ experience in the last 4 years direct experience in the assessment or writing of formal Security Assessment (ITSG-33 based) or Certification reports.
• Direct working knowledge of the GC standards, policies and guidelines and the principles of security and privacy by design.
• 5 years’ experience, within the last seven years, conducting technology design reviews/assessments and providing plans for remediation activities for an enterprise wide or public sector organization.
• 3+ year’s experience with ITSM processes.
• Experience within the past five years, in the following areas
1.) Layer 2 and layer 3 firewalls. 2.) Intrusion Detection/Prevention Service (IDPS) 3.) URL Filtering 4.) SSL/TLS intercept 5.) Proxies 6.) Web application firewall (WAF) 7.) Virtual hypervisor based security 8.) Sandbox Appliances 9.) Virtual Private Networks (site to site and remote access) 10.) Network Access Control (NAC) 11.) Cloud based infrastructure
Type of assignment:
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3,000 professionals working on projects that span Canada, U.S. and international markets. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in health, training, engineering and IT services as well as within the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex systems to the communications and defence sectors. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.