About the role:
Our Federal Government client currently requires a Senior Security Design Specialist to take part in the following:
The purpose of this Renewal Project is to rebuild and refit buildings with a leading-edge sustainable rehabilitation.
The Renewal is comprised of various project partners who are responsible for IT/Security infrastructure. The Senior Security Design Specialist's role is to provide various services such as IT Infrastructure planning, design and upgrades if necessary, including but not limited to telecom rooms, main equipment rooms, datacentres, communications pathways, cabling (horizontal and vertical), networking, wi-fi, telephony and video conferencing infrastructure for the buildings.
• Clearance: Secret
• Language: English
• 10+ years’ experience in the IT field, with a focus on IT Security & Security Infrastructure.
• 5-10 years of project experience within the last 15 years, in the delivery of a major real property project.
• Project experience with planning and oversight in the last 15 years.
• 2+ years’ experience writing technical or project documentation to mitigate project and security risks, including presenting documentation directly to the Executive Level.
• 4+ years’ experience working in partnership with stakeholders to identify technical architecture (including Security, Cloud, Network, or Datacenter technologies), challenges, risks, and provide recommendations for various interdepartmental projects.
• Experience validating the following:
o IT security controls (ITSG 33-based) and applicable safeguards.
o Assessment of mitigation strategies.
o Assessment of residual risk.
Type of assignment:
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3,000 professionals working on projects that span Canada, U.S. and international markets. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in health, training, engineering and IT services as well as within the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex systems to the communications and defence sectors. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.