About the role:
Do you want to make a difference in the world? Are you passionate about improving the quality of life for people and the environment?
If so, the Senior Engineer or Physicist position is the position for you! You will be responsible for nuclear safety analysis and licensing, radiation protection, waste management and decommissioning, and environmental protection.
Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Working within a matrix team;
• Developing and running models and documenting results;
• Contributing to the development of various methodologies and processes;
• Technical writing preparation and review; and
• Project quality assurance.
If you're still interested, you must possess the following:
• Undergraduate degree in a technical major from an accredited university: engineering, physics, chemistry, applied mathematics or similar technical field;
• 10 years or more experience in the nuclear industry in the areas of safety analysis and licensing;
• Experience in radiation protection, waste management and decommissioning, or environmental protection;
• Ability to work within a services-based team;
• Be eligible for a Government of Canada Secret Level II security clearance; and
• Be willing to work either in Ottawa or at Chalk River Site.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience with nuclear / radiation code(s);
• Advanced degree in Physics or Nuclear Engineering or related field; and
• Experience in the nuclear industry with actual field experience.
Type of Assignment:
Calian Nuclear follows a full cycle approach to these safety and security critical domains by providing support in research and development, planning basis development, threat and risk assessments, full level planning and preparedness and regulatory processes, the development of training and exercising to implement and validate plans and procedures, and the provision of operational support. This approach includes full participation in research and development projects for CBRNE counter terrorism and for the safe transport of spent nuclear fuel.
#LI-TT1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.