Calian is building a team of Learning Professionals to design, develop, program and customize existing training material.
We are looking for a Senior Learning Designer, 2 Intermediate Learning Designers, 1 Senior Custom eLearning Programmer and 1 Intermediate Rapid eLearning Programmer. With the help of Subject Matter Experts (SME), this team will be tasked with creating a curriculum for a new Linguistic Services Request Management System (LSRMS) as well as redesign existing training content and align them with adult learning principles. The content created will either be used in a classroom environment or hosted online.
The successful candidate will be required to develop learning methodologies suitable for multiple delivery formats based on learning needs analysis for both Official Languages and that will meet accessibility standards.
This person will have the capacity to convert the course methodology and content into multiple formats including online learning, webinar, paper format, web distribution for both Official Languages and that meet accessibility standards.
Senior Custom eLearning Programmer responsibilities:
• Conduct review, analysis and recommendations on programming issues in project documentation, including:
o Coding standard chosen
o Assessment of client needs
o Infrastructure topology
• Develop accessible and leading-edge components for the project in both Official Languages, including:
o Advanced Course Elements in HTML
o SCORM® compliance and user-friendliness test
o Quality Assurance Testing
o Maintenance Guide which provides relevant information for modifying and maintaining final products
• Perform the coding or programming of items of e-learning products in accordance with course design documents, including:
o Multimedia Elements
o Interactive elements
o Content of the course
o Elements of shared content
o Evaluation tools
o Means of assessment
• Design and develop a data structure, including:
o Design database structures and reports; and
o Document the implementation of the database including connection information.
• Review and analysis of programming issues in project documentation
• Prototype shared content items to be tested with SCORM test logs
• Models based on XML, XSLT and XHTML (as needed)
• Alpha, beta and final versions of e-learning products
• SCORM-compliant course with SCORM test logs
• Maintenance Guide that provides detailed guidance on maintenance and modification of e-learning products
• Interactive multimedia element
What you need to do this role:
• Must have a university degree (in any field) or a college diploma (in any field)
• Must have at least 7 years’ experience in programming Web applications using Java, C language or script language, and secondary programs (file structure) and/or of databases
• Must have developed and integrated at least 4 Automated Training (AT) or web-based training courses over the past 4 years
• Must have optimized the performance of multimedia resources, including audio, video or still images for at least 4 e-learning products
• Must have developed SCORM-compliant content (including content packages and metadata files) for at least 9 SCORM-compliant courses over the past 3 years
• Bilingual, fluent in English and French
#LI-RL1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.