About the role:
• Develop and document statements of requirements for considered alternatives.
• Perform business analyses of functional requirements to identify information, procedures, and decision flows.
• Evaluate existing procedures and methods, identify and document items such as database content, structure, application subsystems.
• Develop data dictionary.
• Define and document interfaces of manual to automated operations within application subsystems, to external systems, and between new and existing systems.
• Identify business processes for re-design, prototype potential solutions, provide trade-off information and suggest a recommended course of action. Identify the modifications to the automated processes.
• Establish acceptance test criteria with client.
• Support and use the selected departmental methodologies.
• Use our customer’s standard Rational Unified Process (RUP) and modeling tools (Sparx Enterprise Architect).
• Over 10 years experience as a Business Analyst.
• Over 16 years experience in an IT environment.
• Experience using TTP (Test Track Pro).
• Experience on .NET projects.
• Experience on oil and gas IT projects.
• Experience using RUP.
• Active Enhanced/Reliability security clearance
Type of assignment:
Contract, full time – 1 year to start plus option for 2 one year extensions
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.