About the role:
Come join the Calian team in being a valued member in our journey moving from SAP ECC to S/4 HANA! Be a part of our continued growth that allows you to think outside the box and complete each task from speaking to back office functions to following through on implementing solutions.
The SAP Functional Analyst is responsible for providing configuration and end user support, by working closely with the Divisions and Corporate Services departments to establish requirements and understand issues. The SAP Functional Analyst also performs the analysis, design, configuration, testing and support of effective solutions within Calian's SAP system.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Analyze end users' business/operational requirements. Recommend and design options using SAP ECC (and soon to be S/4 HANA) configuration or by writing technical specifications to be used by an SAP Developer, and then testing the developed solution.
• Provide production support for SAP including troubleshooting to determine the root cause of issues, working closely with end users to understand their day-to-day activities and determine the resulting work effort in SAP
• Participate in the planning, analysis, testing and trouble-shooting of the bi-annual application of SAP support stacks
• Participate in the consideration, planning and execution of Business Information Systems initiatives designed to meet broad, long range corporate objectives
• Remaining current with the direction of SAP and general information technology trends and advances
• Post-secondary education in a related field
• 5 years experience in a functional analyst role
• Experience with SAP ECC 6.7
• 5 years experience configurating a combination of the following SAP modules: Project Systems, Sales & Distribution, Finance & Controlling, Materials Management
• General knowledge of business practices for back office functions, including Billing/Contract Admin, HR and Finance
Assets to have:
• Experience with S/4 HANA
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3,000 professionals working on projects that span Canada, U.S. and international markets. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in health, training, engineering and IT services as well as within the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex systems to the communications and defence sectors. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.