About the role:
Would you be available and interested in a role player opportunity that is coming up this fall in Kingston?
Our team of role players will be hired on a part time basis to help out with a training exercise that is taking place at the Canadian Forces School of Military Intelligence. The work will be "as and when required" and will be casual over a 2 month period. Future opprotunities might also come up next year.
For this opportunity, we are looking for candidates that can speak foreign languages in order to play "Cultural and Language Advisors" and "Interpreters (for the role they are playing in the exercise) - for example - native speaking in Arabic, Russian, Eastern European etc.
Role Players will be primarily involved in:
• Interview based scenes which will take place in military facilities requiring a clearance or in the local population at public locations. You wil perform a broad spectrum of roles to include: cultural advisors, militiary officers, interpretors, civilians in the battle space, partisans, suspicious persons, hostages, prisoners of war, friendly combatants, or enemy combatants.
• All scenes will be controlled by DND staff.
o You will be required to wear costumes provided by CFSMI.
o Expected to wear ear defenders, blind folds and restraints for short periods of time which will be supplied by CFSMI.
o Provide safety support by administering immediate first aid to students and unit personnel in the event of an emergency.
o Required to follow directions and orders of CFSMI staff.
o Shifts may vary – the # of shifts you will receive will depend on the role you are playing within the training course. We will be hiring people for this casual work between mid June - mid Aug for now.
• Must have a valid PWGSC Secret Clearance
• Foreign language ability.
• Must have a High School Diploma or former Military member
• Previous acting experience, or military experience would be a strong asset
Type of assignment:
Contract, casual (approximately Sept - Nov 2017 on part time basis)
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.