Aldershot Role Players
About the role:
Would you like to participate in an exciting casual contract and assist the military with some training exercises that they have coming up at Camp Aldershot? We are looking for a large group who are interested in being "Role Players and Subject Matter Experts" to assist the Department of National Defence.
You do require a PWGSC "Enhanced Reliability Clearance" to work on this contract, so if you do not have one, we can initiate the process for you right away. Once it is granted, you can be considered!
Role Players will be primarily involved in:
• Interview based scenes which will take place in military facilities requiring a clearance or in the local population at public locations. You wil perform a broad spectrum of roles to include: civilians in the battle space, partisans, suspicious persons, hostages, prisoners of war, friendly combatants, or enemy combatants.
• All scenes will be controlled by DND staff.
o You may be required to wear costumes provided by Camp Aldershot.
o Expected to wear ear defenders, blind folds and restraints for short periods of time which will be supplied by Camp Aldershot.
o Provide safety support by administering immediate first aid to students and unit personnel in the event of an emergency.
o Required to follow directions and orders of Camp Aldershot staff.
o Shifts may vary – days, evenings or nights / usually 8-10 hour shifts, and possible weekend work to support re-testing of students.
• Must have a valid PWGSC Clearance
• Must have completed the WHMIS course and First Aid Certification within the last 2 years
• Must have a High School Diploma or former Military member
• Previous acting experience, or military experience would be a strong asset
We are also looking for Role Players that can also play "Interpreters / Foreign Language Role Players" where you speak a foreign language (any language other than French and English) but you must be able to also communicate in English.
DND will provide the required direction, training and safety supervision for all scenario's.
Type of assignment:
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.