About the role:
As a leader in Canada’s healthcare industry Calian's dynamic healthcare teams consist of more than 550 professionals providing premier healthcare services coast-to-coast at over 35 locations in Canada.
Calian is seeking a Registered Practical Nurse to join our Med-Team Clinic, Kanata's family practice walk in/ urgent care clinic.
This position is ideally suited to a Registered Practical Nurse who is looking to augment their current practice with a part time role.
• Triage of patients based on acuity and referring to ER as required
• Reviewing, collecting, and recording patient data in the EMR
• Administering immunizations and injections
• Wound assessment, application od dressings and splints, staple and suture removal, preparing for and assisting with minor procedures
• Checking and re-stocking/re-ordering medical supplies, medications, oxygen tanks, and defibrillators
• Work collaboratively with other health professionals to create and implement clinical health promotion and disease prevention programs
• Managing refrigeration "cold-chain" protocol as required by Public Health
• Facilitating the communication of physician instructions and information, and provide support via telephone on health related questions acting as a liaison between the patient and the physician
• Ordering and organizing medical supplies including vaccines, public health supplies, and lab supplies ensuring all medical equipment is in good working condition
• Providing support to RN's, RPN's, colleagues and staff members
• A diploma from a recognized practical nursing program
• Must be licensed and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Must have current certification for CPR
• Able to utilize the EMR for documentation
• Work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Type of assignment:
Casual/Part-time, days, evenings, weekends
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.