About the role:
Calian is looking for Registered Nurses for the Immigration Holding Centre in Surrey. As a Registered Nurse on the team, you are responsible for providing 24/7 nursing services to a wide range of individuals with a wide range of medical and mental health concerns.
This role is well suited to a Registered Nurse who can work autonomously within their scope of practice. Supporting infection control measures and educating detainees on public health issues is a primary function of this role. You will administer medication, respond to traumas and assist in running clinics with the visiting Physicians, Psychiatrists and Psychologists. The Registered Nurse is part of the primary healthcare resource for the detainees and they are responsible for providing support to individuals of all ages.
Key Duties Include:
• Performing medical assessments
• Checking and monitoring basic vital signs
• Treating medical emergencies for patients experiencing issues such as heart attacks or strokes
• Managing or responding to outbreaks such as influenza and other contagious diseases
• Preparing, distributing, and administering prescriptions and over-the-counter medications
• Maintaining and updating medical files
• Valid License with British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a Registered Nurse performing key duties above
• Must be certified in Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), or be willing to get certified
Type of assignment:
Full time: 2 days, 2 nights 5 off 12 hour shifts 7:00-7:00
#LI-JD1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.