About the Role:
Registered Nurses work in partnership with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police in a clinic designed to ensure that newly arrested individuals receive competent and timely healthcare services upon booking in the jail.
Your Key Duties:
• Work autonomously to provide healthcare services to the City of Surrey Jail
• Provide thorough head to toe assessments and administer appropriate follow ups.
• Provide first aid care, administer wound card, cardiac and stroke monitoring, administer medications, manage individuals experiencing withdrawal symptoms, and attend to and address mental health and addictions such as methadone maintenance programs
• Determine if the individual requires transfer to the local ER department
• Work collaboratively with RCMP officers to ensure newly arrested individuals have access to healthcare in a timely fashion
• Maintain patient records through electronic documentation
• Liaise with the off-site Medical Director when required
• Use of nursing knowledge to address and resolve healthcare concerns
• Free Parking
• Free Onsite Gym
• 2 Paid Breaks per Shift
• Vacation and Benefits for Full Time Nurses
• Premiums offered
• Must be licensed with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia
• Must hold an active CPR-HCP, BCLS or ACLS certification
• Two years’ experience in a medical/surgical unit or emergency room environment is required
• Experience working in corrections would be an asset
Type of Assignment:
• 12 hour shifts from 7am-7pm and 7pm-7am
• Must be willing to work a mix of days, nights, and weekends
Who is Calian?
Calian is a national healthcare organization. We employ over 600 medical professionals across Canada in all levels of government, in military clinics, correctional facilities, the oil and gas industry and travel nursing in northern Canada.
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.