With a population of over 37,000 living in over 20 community regions, the residents of Nunavut receive their healthcare through regional health centres and homecare visits. Calian's partnership with the Government of Nunavut allows us to offer short and long term roles to qualified Registered Nurses who are interested in traveling to the region for employment.
Depending on the region and the assignment you accept you may be providing triage and assessment services in regional healthcare centres, you may be providing services on inpatient wards or in operating rooms. You may also be focused on well-baby clinics and health promotion, or you may be visiting patients in their homes to provide care. Immunization and TB clinics are also provided across the territory.
A varied compliment of Nurses is required to provide a broad range of nursing services in the territory of Nunavut, throughout 22 regional health centres. Community Health Nurses, Public Health Nurses, Home Care Nurses, Emergency Room Nurses and Operating Room Nurses are all required.
These roles are well suited to Registered Nurses who are experienced working in remote or rural communities where perhaps you worked with an expanded scope of practice. If you are seeking new adventure, or are looking to provide care to underserved regions these opportunities would be an ideal fit for you.
• Flexible work commitments with short and long term contracts
• Overtime pay if you work longer than 8 hours in one day
• Northern living allowance premiums
• Free flights from across Canada to your region of employment
• Enjoy a new adventure and explore a different region of Canada
• Have a positive impact on remote communities while also challenging your skills
• Work to the full scope of your practice.
Complimentary flights will be arranged from the following cities:
• St. John's, NL
• Charlottetown, PEI
• Halifax, NS
• Fredericton, NB
• Quebec City, QC
• Montreal, QC
• Ottawa, ON
• Toronto, ON
• Winnipeg, MB
• Regina, SK
• Saskatoon, SK
• Edmonton, AB
• Calgary, AB
• Vancouver, BC
• Kelowna, BC
• Yellowknife, NT
• Must be eligible for license with the Registered Nursing Association of the Northwest Territories and Nunavut (RNANTNU)
• EPICC or TNCC or BTLS
• ENPC or PALS
• ALARM or ESW or FHS
• Current Vulnerable Sector police background check
• Previous experience in remote, isolated and/or travel nursing would be an asset
Type of assignment:
Length of contracts can range from a few weeks to several months depending on your availability
#LI-SK1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.