Registered Nurse (Primary Care/Immunization)
Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
About the Role:
As the Primary Care Nurse, you will need to carry out the following tasks:
• Provide patient assessment, screening, healthy lifestyle support, education and chronic disease management.
• Manage patient flow in the Care Delivery clinic to ensure patients are being seen in a timely manner based on the health care providers scope of practice
• Provide clinical guidance to Medical Technicians related to patient care and nursing interventions
• Perform clinical procedures such as health history and physical assessments, IV therapy, medication administration, dressing changes, blood pressure monitoring, specimen collection, and immunizations
• Oversee Clinic schedules including each practitioner’s schedule to ensure efficiency and patient access
• Establish and deliver the immunization program at the Canadian Forces Health Services Centre level, including travel immunization services to individual and deploying CF members, and mass immunization clinics such as the influenza clinics
• Act as the unit vaccine coordinator by implementing protocols for vaccine management including ordering and controlling vaccine inventory, storage, handling, cold-chain management and transport procedures that safeguard vaccine, and by ensuring full compliance with the protocols by staff who handle vaccines
• Maintaining medical records and medical documentation in each patient's file through the use of the Canadian Forces Health Information System.
• 3 years experience as a Registered Nurse with experience in triaging, care conferencing, and patient management within a Primary Care setting as well as establish and deliver the Immunization program including travel Immunization
• Bachelor’s Degree in nursing
• Must hold a current membership certificate with the College of Registered Nurses of Saskatchewan and be in good standing.
• Knowledge of infection control, occupational health, health promotion and counselling considered to be assets.
• Must have a current CPR/AED certification
Type of Assignment: 37.5 hours per week
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.