About the role:
Registered Nurses are integral to the interdisciplinary medical team providing healthcare services to detainees and their families at the Immigration Holding Centre in Toronto located at 385 Rexadale Boulevard. As a Registered Nurse on the team, you are responsible for providing 24/7 nursing services to a wide range of individuals with a wide range of medical and mental health concerns.
Supporting infection control measures and educating detainees on public health issues is a primary function of this role. You will administer medication, respond to traumas and assist in running clinics with the visiting Physicians, Psychiatrists and Psychologists. Registered Nurse are part of the primary healthcare resource for the detainees and are responsible for providing support to individuals of all ages.
This role is well suited to a Registered Nurse who is capable of working autonomously within their scope of practice. We are looking for Registered Nurses who are available to work regular overnight shifts on Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday every week.
Key Duties Include:
• Performing medical assessments
• Checking and monitoring basic vital signs
• Treating medical emergencies for patients experiencing issues such as heart attacks or strokes
• Managing or responding to outbreaks such as influenza and other contagious diseases
• Preparing, distributing, and administering prescriptions and over-the-counter medications
• Maintaining and updating medical files
• Have minimum 3 years of post-graduate experience as a Registered Nurse
• Must be certified in Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
• Be licensed as a Registered Nurse and in good standing with the College of Ontario Nurses
Type of assignment:
Full time role
Overnights shifts on Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday
Contract to April 30 2021, with possibility of extension
#LI-JD1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.