Calian is currently seeking Registered Nurses (RNs) for exciting future opportunities in the Vancouver area!
About the role:
Are you looking for a unique working environment where you can use your judgement, provide exemplary care and work for your full scope of practice?
Join our team that provides critical health care services in jails and correctional medical clinics.
• Provide quality medical care over the course of a 12-hour shifts
• Provide thorough head to toe assessments and administer appropriate follow ups
• Provide first aid care, administer wound card, cardiac and stroke monitoring, administer medications, manage individuals experiencing withdrawal symptoms, and attend to and address mental health and addictions such as methadone maintenance programs
• Coordinate services and patient transfer with the local ER department
• Work collaboratively with correctional and peace officers to ensure newly detained individuals have access to healthcare in a timely fashion
• Maintain patient records through electronic documentation
• Liaise with the Medical Director when required
• Use of nursing knowledge to address and resolve healthcare concerns
• Must be licensed with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia
• Must hold an active CPR-HCP, BCLS certification
• Two years’ experience
• Experience working in corrections would be an asset
Type of Assignment: Full time or casual employement available
Calian is a national healthcare organization. We employ over 600 medical professionals across Canada in all levels of government, in military clinics, jails, correctional facilities, the oil and gas industry and travel nursing in northern Canada.
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.