About the role:
Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
The consultant Radiologist will join two current Radiologists in providing Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) national Diagnostic Imaging services from CFB Halifax utilizing CAF PACS, covering one week in every 3 weeks, on a 7.5 hr daily schedule. No on-call requirement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• interpreting various radiological examinations and generating radiologic reports including the description of imaging findings, most likely differential diagnoses, and when clinically indicated, recommend further testing and management to the referring physician or other health care providers
• scope of practice includes: i) digital radiographs, ii) MSK, abdominal, pelvic, small parts, and limited first trimester Ultrasound, and iii) routine CT Imaging studies performed both locally at CFB Halifax, and transmitted from other CAF sites via Tele-Imaging
• providing clinical preceptorship to approved Canadian Forces Health Services trainees and junior clinicians, such as medical or nursing students, Physician Assistants, medical technicians, and students
• providing radiology input, advice, and recommendations to the multidisciplinary health care team
• preparing and delivering continuing education sessions twice per year to clinical staff related to best practices and providing new updates in radiology when warranted
Licensed and in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia
Eligible for licensure and prepared to pursue licensure within the province of Alberta
Certification in Diagnostic Radiology with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Current Fellowship with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Type of Assignment: Part time contract
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.