About the role:
Calian is proud to work with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) to provide healthcare services to current and prospective regular members. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs individuals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of regular members.
The healthcare team at RCMP “D” in Winnipeg, Manitoba are seeking a Clinical Psychologist to join the team to provide occupational health services for current and prospective regular members.
Your Key Duties:
• Providing professional services relating to the diagnosis, assessment, evaluation, and prevention of psychological, emotional, and psycho-physiological and behavioural disorders with an adult population
• Conducting fitness for duty assessments related to specialized Units and Isolated Posts, Critical Incidents, work performance enhancements, firearm shooting interviews, and for members returning to work after a mental health related sick leave period
• Conducting applicant and cadet screenings through psychological screening tests and providing recommendation of fitness
• Administering a full range of diagnostic tests for psychological evaluations through psychometric assessment and interpretation of results
• Reporting results and interpretations of tests, interviews, and evaluations to the multi-disciplinary team and making referrals to various health care professionals where required
• Providing professional advice, consultation, and recommendations on the RCMP member’s health benefits eligibility, fitness for duty, return to work, and long term disability planning for members with psychological conditions
• Providing support to the Occupational Health Policy Centre in a consultative capacity to support case file reviews and subject matter expertise to management
• Providing consultation within the Critical Incident Stress Management program including individual and group debriefings
• Leading or participating in psychoeducational groups for specific mental illnesses such as PTSD, anxiety, depression, and stress management
• Creating and maintaining patient records in a timely manner
1. Degree in Clinical Psychology from an accredited university
2. Registered as a Psychologist and authorized for autonomous practice with the appropriate provincial licensing body
3. 5 years of post-graduate experience, under a license for autonomous, completing psycho-diagnostic assessments, including differential diagnosis, and providing treatment services to adults through the use of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Type of Assignment:
- Part Time, 8 hours per day
- Clinic operating hours Monday through Friday
#LI-AR1Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.