Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
The mental health team at CFB Petawawa is seeking a Psychiatrist to join the team and provide mental health support to serving members of the Canadian Armed Forces.
• Attractive salary, guaranteed hourly rate
• Regular daytime hours only, Monday to Friday
• Collaborative Shared-Care Model
• Motivated Clients
• Time for Administrative Duties
• Range of Presenting Issues
Key Duties Include:
• Conducts assessments, diagnosis and treatment of a variety of mental health conditions for CAF members
• Prepares detailed written psychiatric assessment reports on referred patients, including recommendations for a treatment plan
• Provides Psychiatry consultation services to Canadian Armed Forces personnel
• Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary mental health team in case reviews
• Registered for autonomous practice of psychiatry with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
• Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada in Psychiatry (FRCPC)
• Experience in working with adult mental health patients with an emphasis on depression and anxiety disorders
• Experience operating a personal computer and utilizing MS Office software
Type of Assignment:
Full-time and Part time hours available
Clinic Operating Hours: 7:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.