About the role:
Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
Calian is seeking a Psychiatrist to work at the Canadian Forces Base in Greenwood. This position offers Psychiatrists a rare opportunity to work with Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members.
• Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a variety of mental health conditions for CAF members
• Psychiatry consultation services to Canadian Armed Forces personnel
• Advises on the outsourcing of psychiatry services to alternative providers
• Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary mental health team in case reviews
• Prepares detailed written psychiatric assessment reports on referred patients, including recommendations for a treatment plan, and participates in the implementation of the treatment plan by providing psychotherapy, prescribing appropriate somatic therapy and generating patient medical records to support the multidisciplinary team
• Provides expert advice on mental illness or disorders to primary care providers to assist them in the identification,diagnosis and treatment of patients with mental health disorders
• Registered for autonomous practice of psychiatry with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia
• Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada in Psychiatry (FRCPC)
• Experience in working with adult mental health patients with an emphasis on depression, anxiety disorders and trauma
• Experience operating a personal computer and utilizing MS Office software
Type of Assignment:
Clinical Hours Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4pm
Other current Psychiatry vacancies on CFB locations in Canada:
Ottawa, ON (bilingual, telehealth)
Halifax, NS (telehealth)
Edmonton, AB (telehealth)
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.