About the role:
Calian is seeking a Psychiatrist to work full time or part time at the Canadian Forces Base in Comox. This position offers Physicians a rare opportunity to work with Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members.
Key activities include but are not limited to:
• Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a variety of mental health conditions for CAF members
• Psychiatry consultation services to Canadian Armed Forces personnel
• Advises on the outsourcing of psychiatry services to alternative providers
• Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary mental health team in case reviews
• Prepares detailed written psychiatric assessment reports on referred patients, including recommendations for a treatment plan, and participates in the implementation of the treatment plan by providing psychotherapy, prescribing appropriate somatic therapy and generating patient medical records to support the multidisciplinary team
• Provides expert advice on mental illness or disorders to primary care providers to assist them in the identification, diagnosis and treatment of patients with mental health disorders
• Creates and maintains patient records
• Registered for autonomous practice of psychiatry with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
• Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada in Psychiatry (FRCPC)
• Experience with individual and group therapy including cognitive behavior therapy and psycho-educational groups
• Experience providing pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy with individuals, groups and couples
• Experience in working with mental health patients with an emphasis on depression and anxiety disorders
• Experience operating a personal computer and utilizing MS Office software
Type of Assignment:
Part time contract (2 days/week) up to Full Time available
Clinic Operating Hours Monday to Friday
Calian Group Ltd. has successfully re-won the Health Care Providers Requirements (HCPR) contract for the provision of health support services to the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). Two additional contracts were also awarded for the provision of health support services to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC). The HCPR contract with the CAF is a renewal of the Health Services Support Contract (HSSC) that Calian has held since 2004. The HCPR contract has an initial term of four (4 years) and an option to extend the contract for up to eight (8) additional years for a total of 12 years.
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.