About the role:
Are you looking to join a growing company where every day brings new challenges working alongside a team of dynamic and enthusiastic professionals? Calian is hiring! This is a great opportunity to join a company with a positive work environment in a swanky new office (yes, we have sit-stand desks!) at a great location in the West End of Ottawa! Did I mention free parking for Canadian Tire Centre events? Check out this great opportunity to join our awesome company and apply today to learn more about what we have to offer!
The Proposal Specialist will work with Calian’s service lines to generate compliant proposals, while adhering to timelines and due dates, with a consistent look and feel commensurate with Calian's corporate image.
This role allows for someone to learn quickly and take on more responsibility as they master their role. You will benefit from the ability to self-manage your day while meeting routine deadline expectations. Weekly team meetings will ensure that you are well versed in the team's goals and can share your goals with your colleagues. Collaborative problem solving, and innovation is encouraged.
Calian is a program delivery partner, based in Kanata, managing a wide range of contracts in both the public and private sectors. Across our contracts in the Health, Training and Engineering and IT sectors, we staff over 3,000 individuals throughout Canada. Come join us as we help the world communicate, innovate, lead healthy lives and stay safe!
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate with the service lines and support the proposal efforts from start to successful completion, including establishing schedules and coordinating the collection of information for proposal responses
• Participate in proposal kickoff, requirements and strategy meetings
• Assist in writing, reviewing and editing content to ensure compliance with Government and Private industry requests for proposals
• Format proposal responses in accordance with established style and content requirements
• Assist recruiters qualifying candidates and ensure compliance (candidate matrices, candidate tracking sheets)
• Create, maintain and update proposal content used for RFP responses
• Monitor various procurement websites and listings for new opportunities
• Manage multiple assignments congruently under pressure and deadlines
• Ensure proper closeout procedures are completed
• Provide back-up to other team members as needed
• Other related duties as required
• Post secondary education or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years experience writing, editing and responding to Request for Proposal documents is desirable
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Must be fluent in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
• Strong proof reading skills with a focused attention for detail
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proven ability to work within a team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Flexibility to work overtime
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude
Type of assignment:
Become a part of the Calian team and join over 3,000 professionals working on projects that span Canada, U.S. and international markets. Our capabilities are diverse enabling us to offer professionals career opportunities within business and technology services in health, training, engineering and IT services as well as within the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex systems to the communications and defence sectors. Founded in 1982, Calian is a Canadian company that is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CGY).Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.