Project Manager (Business Intelligence)
About the role:
Recruiting an experienced and passionate Project Manager to manage the Enterprise Business Intelligence Foundation project. The Project Manager will be responsible for
• undertaking the EBII Roadmap in collaboration with stakeholders to ensure a successful implementation.
• creating and maintaining all project management artifacts that are required according to the City's project management gating process.
• working directly with the City's Senior Management, various service providers and other divisional BI projects across the City of Toronto to ensure an organized and coordinated delivery of sequenced BI work packages that will ultimately fulfill the objectives of the project.
• Must have Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or related field. Should have an active PMP (or equivalent) certification.
• Proven track record in managing project teams team members, including staff, partner organizations, SI firms and independent consultants, in a matrix environment
• Must also have extensive practical experience and knowledge with techniques for planning, organizing, and monitoring multiple IT projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated experience, at a senior level, in the following Project Management knowledge areas:
o integration, scope, time and cost management
o project financial management
o risk & issues management
o human resource management
o stakeholder, engagement and communication management
o procurement management
o quality management
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills and polished presentation abilities; influencing and communicating at all organizational levels.
• Demonstrated adaptability and situational leadership, coaching, and relationship management skills. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain productive working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors, peers and team members
• Seasoned decision-making and critical thinking capabilities, with a working knowledge of effective tools and techniques for solving problems; analysing possible risks and recommending a mitigation approach from a number of possible choices, often creating new options with input from team members.
• Familiarity with the development and implementation of data governance frameworks, business intelligence frameworks, enterprise wide data architecture etc. for large, complex organizations.
• Proficiency with project management tools (such as MS Project and MS Office Suite) to produce realistic and clear project plans, work-breakdown structures, resource plans, presentations and budget plans and relevant project artefacts.
• Excellent ability to coach, mentor, and train business and technical teams on processes, best practices, and tools.
• General proficiency and working knowledge of Business Intelligence platforms and tools (i.e. SAP ECC, BOBJ, BI/BW, LUMIRA, ETL etc.)
• Excellent knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Governance practices and methodologies.
• Experience in Business and Data Analytics, Data Management, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Data Visualization
Type of assignment:
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.