Type of Assignment: Contract, full-time
Length of Assignment: 3 months
Our higher education sector client will be looking to staff an upcoming contract for a Project Manager to perform the following duties:
• Coordinates/direct all the groups involved in order to meet all project requirements (Time, Functionality, Quality and Cost).
• Analyze and make decisions on projects, considering project functionality, cost, schedule, and quality.
• Ensure all groups are being provided with timely and accurate project information.
• Develop complex project plans to support successful project delivery
• Formulate and manage project plans including:
• Management of deliverables, determination and tracking of project schedules incl. commercial milestones, regular project reviews and reporting and on-going risk management
• Define, forecast, manage, and report on project resources (Capital, Expenses).
• Reviews the release and detailed functional specifications to ensure project compliance
• Analyze and manage project changes; design change requests
• Facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
• Conduct regular status meetings with project team.
• Communicate relevant project information to executive and leadership team
• Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
• Communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
• Manage, track and report team hours and expenses on a weekly basis
• Manage and co-ordinate project resource ‘on-boarding’ and off-boarding processes.
• Produces project scorecards and other executive-like reporting
• Maintains and monitors the reporting of project status of actions, issues, risks.
• 5-10 years of project management
• PMP Certification
• Procurement experience
• Resourcing / contract management experience
• Responsible to deliver on the project scope, schedule and budget and to follow the IT Services defined System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process and documentation.
• Review all relevant materials and create a document repository for each identified project.
• Schedule meetings and prepare agendas, meeting minutes and track issues and action items as needed.
• Work with resource managers to identify resource requirements and allocation of staff on the scheduled tasks.
• Collaborate with the solution engineering teams to keep key stakeholders informed and engaged in the planning and implementation activities for each project.
• Report progress regularly to senior management and identify any impediments to progress along with proposed solutions to remove or reduce the impediment
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.