About the role:
The Project Lead will provide assistance to the Project Manager(s) with project management deliverables, including but not limited to: status reporting, participation in study findings presentations and collaboration with a number of stakeholders.
• Co-ordinating project status reporting (gathering input from project leads, drafting for review, etc.
• Project risk/issue management and reporting
• Project schedule management and updates
• Co-ordination of project change management
• Co-ordination of architecture and gating deliverables
• Co-ordination of stakeholder consultations and communications
• Development of system implementation and technical/performance testing and related plans (change management, HR impact analysis, transition plan, performance measurement plan, production verification, etc.)
• Secretariat support to the project manager in developing executive level briefings, presentations for project Advisory Board and Steering Committee, facilitating approval of key project documents, etc.
• Demonstrated experience leading organizational and business planning. Gathering and developing requirements in order to create and maintain a detailed project schedule and/or integrated plan, including: work breakdown structure, planning, base-lining and tracking leveraging electronic tools (e.g. MS Project; SharePoint, etc.).
• Coordinating team members in various disciplines; clarify roles and responsibilities and set task/deliverable/ performance expectations for resources that are both OPS unionized employees as well as fee for service (FFS) consultants. Resolving resourcing and inter-personal conflicts, negotiating changes to resourcing, ensuring knowledge is shared among amongst team members such as project objectives and deliverables are metprogress.
• Proactively identifying potential risk events and issues before they occur so that proper mitigating strategies can be developed. Articulates and prioritizes issues and risks at senior executive levels and recommends mitigation strategies for decision makers.
• Establishing and participating in steering committee and stakeholder forums. Providing project, program, and/or portfolio reporting to multi-stakeholders at senior executive levels. Conducting extensive communication and consultations between project stakeholders and partners.
• Using appropriate strategies and actions to overcome resistance to change and capitalize on forces in support of change during all stages of projects - concept, definition, planning, implementation and close-out.
• Promoting OPS I&IT standards and best practices for project management to facilitate control of system quality, adherence to standard methodology and the control of the use of I&IT resources.
• Practical experience in project coordination or project leadership of large, multi-year IT projects.
• Proven troubleshooting and analytical experience.
• Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining a detailed project schedule and/or integrated plan, including: work breakdown structure, planning, base-lining and tracking while leveraging electronic tools (e.g. MS Project, SharePoint, etc.)
• Proven contract and vendor management skills including facilitation and establishment of ongoing relationship/vendor management processes to support effective vendor- Ministry relationships.
• Knowledge and understanding of Information and Service Support Management policies and practices.
• Demonstrated experience regarding proactive issue escalation and providing options for resolution in previous assignments.
• Well-developed project status reporting skills.
• Experience providing support to the project manager in developing executive-level briefings, presentations for project Advisory Board and Steering Committee, facilitating approval of key project documents, etc.
• Extensive complex large project management and delivery experience including responsibility for both I&T and business aspects/elements.
• Experience leading organizational and business planning, gathering and developing requirements.
• Experience coordinating project change management activities.
• Knowledge of OPS Unified Project Management Methodology
• Knowledge of OPS Service Support Model and Methodology
• Knowledge of OPS Standard Systems Development Methodologies
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of Ministry policy and IT project approval processes to align with Enterprise Architecture and Gating Process requirements.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong Interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Strong consulting skills to engage with all stakeholders.
• A demonstrated team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Type of assignment:
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.