About the role:
We have a won Government contract that requires a Project Administrator to provide administrative duties as well as handle travel claims. Duties include:
• Perform document and file management functions including electronic filing, record keeping, and record management;
• Research and apply administrative orders in an office setting;
• Identify the need for, develop and apply standard operating procedures;
• Assist in the provision of administrative support to both the Project Managers and Project staff;
• Organize, coordinate and schedule special meetings, presentations and conferences;
• Screen mail and telephone calls, and forward them to the appropriate person for action; and
• Develop and produce travel itineraries and make travel reservations for Project Staff to attend out of town meetings/businesses.
• Secret Security Clearance
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as an administrative assistant to a manager
• Experience handling travel claims within the Government
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in working with the Government of Canada (GoC).
Type of assignment:
Contract, full time (to end of March with extension to May 2019)
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.