About the role:
Our Federal Government client requires a TOP SECRET-cleared Programmer Analysts to perform the following duties:
• Perform object oriented software design, using formal methodology, in an n-tier environment.
• Perform object oriented software programming in Java.
• Develop programs using object oriented software applications to support highly available usage and/or for more than 100 concurrent users.
• Perform unit testing of object oriented software in an n-tier environment using test frameworks.
• Perform performance tuning of object oriented n-tier software applications. Performance tuning refers to one or more of the following activities: optimizing disk or network input or output; or optimum application usage of system memory; or optimum application usage of CPU.
• Perform object oriented application development, in an n-tier environment, to pass or receive application related data with relational database(s).
• Document all the developed software in order to guarantee knowledge transfer.
• Develop build automations scripts.
• Provide Architectural support, guidance & validation to the project team by:
o Reviewing Technical Design and Architecture Documentation (UML and Sequence Diagrams)
o Support to defect & task resolution
o Review Java source code conformant to quality assurance standards in place in the form of code reviews as outline by the team’s guidelines.
o Review Unit test source code conformant to quality assurance standards in place in the form of code reviews as outline by the team’s guidelines.
o Advice & recommendations on Architectural and Design Specifications
o Advice & recommendations on Java best practices.
o Technology training, mentoring & Knowledge transfer.
• Clearance: Top Secret (mandatory)
• Language: English
• A minimum of 10 years of experience performing the duties of a software developer programming in any software development language while persisting data in a database of n-tier applications. (including hands on coding)
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in object oriented software programming.
• A minimum of 5 Years’ experience designing and developing SOA, including RESTful services using Spring remoting or other J2EE services.
• A minimum of 1 year in optimizing and fine-tuning SQL statements
Type of assignment:
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.