About the role:
Our customer is looking for a dynamic Product Engineer to be part of the team responsible for supporting existing product offering as well as for the next generation of optical transport products.
• Support Design and Manufacturing Teams to secure material required for builds;
• Source material for builds if required;
• Ensure Manufacturing Team has instructions for material substitutions through Agile;
• Follow up with Design Team to close on material issues and shortages to ensure builds are delivered as per schedule:
• Review material shortages and propose appropriate component substitutions to Design Team.
• Bachelor/Master degree in Electronics/Electrical/Optical Engineering with relevant experience on test equipment selection, test station development and test process design;
• Experience in production environment with manufacturing and change management;
• Experience with Agile and change management systems is an asset;
• Familiarity with laboratory environment;
• Telecommunication knowledge (protocol, standards and optical products).
Type of assignment:
Contract, full time – 6 months to start plus multiple 6 months extensions
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.